Hello, friends and supporters. We’re only a few days away until our Dignity Walk kicks off in Queens Park (in front of Ontario Legislative Building), Toronto this Saturday.
Here is a list of speakers that will be attending the Dignity Walk:
• Reza Moridi, Minister of Research, Innovation and Science
• Indira Naidoo Harris, Minister of Status of Women
• Jagmeet Singh, MPP, Bramalea Gore-Malton
• John Tory, Mayor of Toronto
• Dawn Martin-Hill, Professor, McMaster University and member of the Six Nations
• Nigel Barriffe, President, Canadian Urban Alliance on Race Relations
• Sandra Noe, President, Federation of Muslim Women
• Alex Wilson, Presbyterian pastor & community leader
• Musleh Khan, Chaplain of the Toronto Police Service
• Dr. Budhendrenauth Doobay, Vishnu Mandir
• John Cartwright, President, drToronto and York Region Labour Council
Below is a list of important information that you should know:
When: May 20th at 9 am. We ask that you meet us in front of Queens Park for Opening Remarks.
Where: In front of Ontario Legislative Building – Queens Park, 47 Queens Park Crescent E, Toronto.
Why: The Dignity Walk will unite individuals from diverse communities to help ensure that at-risk people at home and abroad can be given the means to live with Dignity.
Thank you again for choosing to spend your long weekend helping us to raise funds and awareness about the work of IDRF as we continue to support vulnerable people in need!